I have worked with some outstanding student interns while at Microsoft Research.
- Joy Arulraj, Carnegie Mellon University
- Tianzheng Wang, University of Toronto
- Darko Makreshanski, ETH Zurich
Interplay of Hardware Transactional Memory and Lock-Free Indexing [PDF]
Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, vol. 8, iss. 11, pages 1298—1309, July 2015.
- Vaibhav Arora, UC Santa Barbara
OLAP + OLTP (paper to come)
- Eli Cortez, Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Brazil (now a Sr Software Engineer at Microsoft)
Managing Cold State for Big Data Applications [PDF]
Proceedings of ICDE, pages 457—468, May 2016.
- Ahmed Eldawy, University of Minnesota (now a professor at UC Riverside)
Trekking through Siberia: Managing Cold Data in a Memory-Optimized Database [PDF]
Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, vol. 7, iss. 11, pages 931—942, July 2014.